The Provide First Aid- HLTAID011 course offers the knowledge and training required to identify and respond to life-threatening emergencies and deliver an appropriate first aid response to a casualty in a range of situations. Previously known as HLTAID003, Senior First Aid, Workplace Level 2, and Apply First Aid. This course also includes training to perform CPR.
Workplace Experience at Specialized facilities
At AHO Training you can develop practical skills through the experience you gain with the supportive workplace learning model so that you are ready for the job when you complete the course and graduate.
AHO Training provides its students a supportive and encouraging place of study. We offer a range of academic support programs that can aid students that are struggling with their education. AHO Training equips students with assessment tasks, assignments math skills, English reading and writing support and more along with training them to effectively manage their time for studies and preparation. Our study support programs include:
- Interactive study groups and workshops
- Better learning with Mentors and Peers
- Math and writing skill training
- Disability and counselling support services
Library and Computer facilities
AHO Training also provides its students with added facilities such as libraries equipped with photocopying, computing and printing facilities.
AHO Training also provides consistent internet access to its students that will aid their training and learning through online resources such as:
- Course Related Databases
- Online learning content for courses
- Student Email Ids for Communication
- Student Software Packages and IT Support
- Social Media Tools That Aid Enhanced learning
Careers in Providing First Aid
AHO Training offers industry-focused courses that prepare students for a fulfilling career in First Aid and Emergency Care. Graduates from our training institute in this course, find employment as:
- Emergency care professionals
This course covers the following study topics:
- Recognize and assess an emergency situation
- Ensure safety for self, bystanders, and casualty
- Seek assistance from emergency services
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in line with Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines
- Provide first aid in accordance with established first aid principles
- Manage the casualty in a respectful manner
- Obtain consent from casualty where possible
- use available resources and equipment to make the casualty as comfortable as possible
- Operate first aid equipment according to manufacturers’ instructions
- Monitor the condition of the casualty and respond in accordance with first aid principles
- Accurately convey incident details to emergency services
- Report details of incidents in line with appropriate workplace or site procedures
- Complete applicable workplace or site documentation, including incident report form
- Maintain privacy and confidentiality of information in line with statutory or organizational policies
- Recognize the possible psychological impacts on self and other rescuers and seek help when required
- Contribute to a review of the first aid response as required
Study Method: Online, On-Campus
Institution: AHO Training
Recognition: Nationally Recognized Training
Start Date: Enroll anytime
For admissions, a set of entry requirements need to be met. In case of an overwhelming number of applicants, only those meeting all requirements may be admitted to the course. The approval for admission is completely at the discretion of the RTO i.e. AHO Training Institute.
Enquiries pertaining to Admission can be sent at firstname.lastname@example.org
First Aid Certificate Issued
A PDF Statement of Certificate of the Successful Completion of Provide First Aid- HLTAID011 will be emailed the same day as the successful completion of the training and assessment.
Current industry standards recommend renewing this certification every 3 years with the CPR component being updated every 12 months.
Completion of an online assessment is a key requirement for entry to this course.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Prior to enrolment, all applicants will be required to qualify in a literacy and numeracy assessment to help determine their eligibility and for custom provision of learning support needs.