Love Child care and want to make a career out of it? The Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care- CHC30113 is a course the equips the applicant to study the role of workers in the field of Early Childhood Education and care within the set requirements of the Education and Care Services National Regulations and National Quality Standard. On completion of this course, you can be a part of the learning and Education system along with the support of children’s wellbeing during their years of learning and development.
This course is aimed at teaching skills and knowledge to engage children during their developmental years, impart education and provide care to enhance their intellectual and physical development. Equipped with the knowledge that the Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care- CHC30113 provides you will be able to create separate profiles for the children you are working with and provide suitable education and care based on the requirements of their developmental stage.
This course provides the blended learning environment of classroom learning as well as practical placements in daycare settings so that you learn how to plan and implement activities that are focused on children’s development.
The skills that you will acquire on the completion of this course include:
- Interaction and communication skills with children
- Age appropriate care for babies, toddlers and children
- Nutrition planning to aid proper development
- First Aid, Health and Safety Care.
- Legal and Ethical standards of Children’s care and education
Workplace Experience at Specialized facilities
At AHO Training you can develop practical skills through the experience you gain with the supportive workplace learning model so that you are ready for the job when you complete the course and graduate.
AHO Training provides its students a supportive and encouraging place of study. We offer a range of academic support programs that can aid students that are struggling with their education. AHO Training equips students with assessment tasks, assignments math skills, English reading and writing support and more along with training them to effectively manage their time for studies and preparation. Our study support programs include:
- Interactive study groups and workshops
- Better learning with Mentors and Peers
- Math and writing skill training
- Disability and counselling support services
Library and Computer facilities
AHO Training also provides its students with added facilities such as libraries equipped with photocopying, computing and printing facilities.
AHO Training also provides consistent internet access to its students that will aid their training and learning through online resources such as:
- Course Related Databases
- Online learning content for courses
- Student Email Ids for Communication
- Student Software Packages and IT Support
- Social Media Tools That Aid Enhanced learning
Careers in Early Childhood Education
AHO Training offers industry-focused courses that prepare students for a fulfilling career in children’s education and care. Graduates from our training institute find employment in organizations such as:
- Children’s homes
- Daycare centers
- Childcare Community services
- Children’s Education programs.
Potential Career options include:
- Early childhood educator
- Daycare Center Care Assistant
- Outside school hours care assistant
- Playgroup supervisor
- Recreation assistant
- Childhood educator/assistant.
To complete the Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care- CHC30113 at AHO Training, a student must successfully complete a total of eighteen (18) units of competency, consisting of:
- Fifteen (15) core units
- Three (3) elective units
All electives chosen must support the overall integrity of the AQF level of this qualification and contribute to a valid, industry-supported work or career outcome as well as be approved by the Australian Educational Standard.
- CHCDIV002 – Promote Aboriginal and / or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- CHCECE001 – Develop cultural competence
- CHCECE002 – Ensure the health and safety of children
- CHCECE003 – Provide care for children
- CHCECE004 – Promote and provide healthy food and drinks
- CHCECE005 – Provide care for babies and toddlers
- CHCECE007 – Develop positive and respectful relationships with children
- CHCECE009 – Use an approved learning framework to guide practice
- CHCECE010 – Support the holistic development of children in early childhood
- CHCECE011 – Provide experiences to support children’s play and learning
- CHCECE013 – Use information about children to inform practice
- CHCLEG001 – Work legally and ethically
- CHCPRT001 – Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- HLTAID004 – Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
- HLTWHS001 – Participate in workplace health and safety
- BSBWOR301 – Organize personal work priorities and development
- CHCECE006 – Support behavior of children and young people
- CHCECE012 – Support children to connect with their world
Study Method: Online, On-Campus
Institution: AHO Training
Recognition: Nationally Recognized Training
Start Date: Enroll anytime
Total Course Duration: 42 weeks full time
Training Period: 850 Hours
For admissions, a set of entry requirements need to be met. In case of an overwhelming number of applicants, only those meeting all requirements may be admitted to the course. The approval for admission is completely at the discretion of the RTO i.e. AHO Training Institute.
Enquiries pertaining to Admission can be sent at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Completion of an Australian Year 11 or equivalent.
- Students will be required to demonstrate they have the capacity to work with children and families in the highly demanding field of early childhood as set out by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) and the Education and Care Services National Regulations by attending an interview. This may be conducted individually or as a group, at the discretion of AHO Training Institute. Further information can be found: https://www.acecqa.gov.au/
- IELTS: Overall score of 5.5 (no band less than 5.0).
- Find out if you meet the entry requirements, including English language and academic requirements.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Prior to enrolment, all applicants will be required to qualify in a literacy and numeracy assessment to help determine their eligibility and for custom provision of learning support needs.